To support and advance the criminal justice system in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines through a professional and dynamic National Prosecution Service which effectively represents the people of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines with integrity and impartiality, in all criminal justice processes.
To establish the National Prosecution Service of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines as a model institution driven by entrenched values, technological innovations, legislative reform and other transformative initiatives that promote human rights, democracy, peace, the rule of law and justice for all.
- To advise the Police on all criminal matters.
- To undertake prosecution of all criminal matters coming before the Courts in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- To appeal and prosecute all criminal appeals before the Court of Appeal.
Who we are not!
1. The ODPP-NPS is not an extension of the:
a. Police(RSVGPF) - We do not investigate cases.
b. The court- We do not adjudicate on matters/sentence defendants.
2. We are not an extension of Ministry of Legal Affairs - We do not represent the Government of SVG in civil cases
3. We are not agent of a witness - But we support witnesses as they testify in criminal proceedings
Who are we?
We are an independent/autonomous body operating under the auspices of the DPP - A creature of statute - created and protected by the constiution of SVG.
What do we do?
We enforce the criminal laws of SVG/represent the people of SVG.