The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment, wishes to advise the general public that, as part of its mosquito control programme for the adult Aedes aegypti mosquito, the Insect Vector Control Unit will be conducting fogging operations in the following areas, commencing at 5:00 p.m. daily on the island of Saint Vincent.
Monday, 20th September 2021 - Belair, Chauncey, Calder, Bohomme, Chester Cottage & Simon
Tuesday, 21st September 2021 – Belair, Stubbs, Orange Hill, Touroma, Brighton & Belmont
Wednesday, 22nd September 2021 – Arnos Vale, Victoria Village, Calder Ridge, Overland, Magnum, Spring & Fitz Hughes
Thursday, 23rd September 2021 – Arnos Vale, Barrouallie, Peruvian Vale, Chateaubelair & London
Please take note of the following:
- Home and business owners in the named areas are reminded to keep their windows and doors open to allow the fog to take effect.
- Motorists are kindly asked to take precautions.
- Persons who are suffering from any respiratory illnesses are kindly asked to take the necessary precautionary measures.
- Residents are also encouraged to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes in their yard and to protect themselves from mosquito bites during the day.
- Please note adverse weather conditions can affect fogging operations.
SOURCE: Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment