ITSD GIRLS IN ICT MENTORSHIP PROGRAM: “ADOPT A MENTEE”
The Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) Mentorship Program “Adopt a Mentee” is created under the ambit / as part of the Girls in ICT initiative. This program is specifically geared towards girls and young women, so that they can be encouraged to use ICT tools more and be empowered to choose careers in ICT and STEM.
The objectives of the Adopt a Mentee program are to:
- Empower more girls and young women to choose careers in ICT and STEM
- Provide guidance to girls and young women in determining the path on their career journey
- Build confidence in girls and young women by encouraging their interests and developing digital skills by using ICT tools
- Create a space where mentees can tap into the knowledge, skills and experience of women in ICT and STEM
- provide guidance, support, and advice to help the mentee achieve their academic and personal goals.
The program is expected to run for a duration of one year, from Thursday, 27 April 2022 – Thursday, 25 April 2024.
The program is geared towards girls and young women who are:
- Mentees: students, young professionals, entrepreneurs, young women who are unemployed, graduates (secondary & tertiary), teen mothers, YES programme workers
- Mentors: mainly ICT and STEM professionals; exceptions will be made for retirees, and leaders in the public and private sectors who are not in the ICT and STEM fields but have experience and are passionate about mentoring others
If you are interested in becoming a Mentee or Mentor, please click on the appropriate link below:
Become a Mentee:
Become a Mentor: