Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Regional Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project (RDVRP)
The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) Regional Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project (RDVRP) is an amalgamation of the Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project and the Climate Investment Funds-financed Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR). The objective of the project is to measurably reduce vulnerability to natural hazards and climate change impacts in SVG and in the Eastern Caribbean Sub-region.
The project was originally scheduled to end on December 31, 2016 with funding at USD 20.92 million. Following the December 2013 floods disaster, additional financing of USD 40.6 million was declared effective on November 12, 2014 and a USD 6.7 million European Union (EU) grant was later added and declared effective on July 31, 2017.The project’s close date has been extended to December 31, 2020 and is financed through:
PPCR Grants: USD 12 million
Concessional loans (Strategic Climate Fund): USD 3 million
International Development Association (World Bank) Credits: USD 46.52 million
EU 11th European Development Fund grant: USD 6.7 million
The project’s total funding of USD 68.22 million is funding four mutually reinforcing components:
1. Prevention and Adaptation Investments
- Carrying out of selected infrastructure investments, and related supporting studies.
2. Regional Platform for Hazard and Risk Evaluation and Application of Improved Decision Making
- Building the regional capacity for assessment of natural risks and integration of such assessment into policy and decision making processes for the development of investments, disaster risk mitigation and disaster response across sectors.
- Facilitating regional collaboration including knowledge sharing and learning processes to develop and apply construction standards and methods for critical public infrastructure and urban flood mitigation and strengthen regional collaboration for urban and flood risk reduction.
- Reducing the risk for regional interconnectivity and carrying out related supporting studies.
3. Natural Disaster Response Investments
- Carrying out of Emergency Recovery and Reconstruction Subprojects under an agreed Action Plan of Activities designed as a mechanism to implement the Recipient’s rapid response to an Emergency.
4. Project Management and Implementation Support
- Strengthening and developing the institutional capacity for project management.
Interventions include training, equipment, curriculum development in climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction, feasibility and design studies, rehabilitation of three emergency shelters, increased water storage in two Grenadine islands, satellite warehouses for the National Emergency Management Organisation in six communities, design of a referral hospital at Arnos Vale, slope stabilization, road realignment and bridge rehabilitation works to repair vulnerable segments of the transportation infrastructure and river training to reduce the risk of flooding in various communities.
The RDVRP is being implemented by the Public Sector Investment Programme Management Unit of the Economic Planning and Sustainable Development Division, Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning, Sustainable Development and Information Technology.
Request for Expressions of Interest
- Individual Consultant - Procurement & Contract Management Specialist (Deadline: 26th August 2019)
Invitation to Bid
- River Defense Works - Buccament (Deadline: 30th August 2019)
- Kingstown Government School Environmental Management Plan
- Bequia Satellite Warehouse Environmental Management Plan
- Green Hill, Fenton, Dauphine Environmental Management Plan
- Belle Isle Slope Stabilisation Environmental Management Plan
- Firebun Road Environmental Management Plan
- Kingstown Government School Temporary Relocation Plan April 2019
- Chateaubelair Jetty Environmental and Social Management Plan December 2018
- Chateaubelair Jetty Draft ESIA September 2018
- Warrowwarrow River Resettlement Action Plan August 2018
- Ginger Village Resettlement Action Plan October 2017
- South River Road Bridge Abbreviated Resettlement Action Plan February 2017
- Paget Farm Road Draft Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Dorsetshire Hill School Abbreviated Resettlement Action Plan January 2017
- Grievance Redress Mechanisms November 2016
- Operations Manual September 2016
- Resettlement Policy Framework March 2016
- Environmental Management Framework March 2016
- Environmental Management Framework February 2016
- Draft Environmental Assessment for Georgetown Coastal Defence October 2015
- Draft Environmental Assessment for Sans Souci Coastal Defence October 2015
- Grand Sable Bypass Road Social Assessment and Management Plan
- Operations Manual November 2014
- Social Assessment April 2014
- Environmental Management Framework April 2014
- Environmental Management Framework February 2014
- Social Assessment February 2014
- Social Assessment January 2014
- Resettlement Policy Framework January 2014
- Grievance Redress Mechanisms January 2014
- Environmental Management Framework January 2014
- Operations Manual June 2013
- Social Assessment December 2012
- Environmental Assessment Report December 2010