Students who participated in the 2015 National Science and Technology fair were rewarded for their efforts on Thursday, January 28th, 2015, at a ceremony held at the Methodist Church Hall in their honour.
In giving remarks, President of the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Science Teachers Association, Juanita Hunte-King, said that while she was pleased with the level of participation, she believes that the quality of the entrants could be improved. Meanwhile, The Ministry of Education’s Science Officer, Amaala Muhammed, said that the Ministry holds training sessions for teachers to ensure that the projects entered meet the specific standards required.
The 2015 National Science and technology Fair, was held at the Guides Headquarters from November 9th -13th 2015, under the theme “Going Green in 2015”.
The Results are as follows:
• Most outstanding primary School – The St. Mary’s Roman Catholic School
• Most Outstanding Primary School project- Zane Edwards of the St. Mary’s RC, for his “Geothermal Power Plant”
• Most Outstanding Secondary School- The Girls’ High School
• Most Outstanding Secondary School Project- Joshua Prescod of the St. martin’s Secondary School, with “Vincy Go”
• Most Outstanding Science Fair Project went to Zane Edwards of The St. Mary’s RC School
• The St. Mary’s Roman Catholic School also took top prize as the Overall Winner of the Science and Technology fair 2015.
National Science And Technology Fair Awards